- Information zum Autor
Co-Active Coaching offers current and aspiring coaches, leaders and managers in organisations and anyone wanting to strengthen interpersonal relationships, a practical, yet transformative communication process called the Co-Active Model. Since its creation by the authors more than 25 years ago, the Co-Active Model and the book have formed the foundation of the authors' six-part coach training program delivered globally to tens of thousands of individuals each year through the authors' training institute, CTI.
With its origins in the coaching profession, the Co-Active Model also applies to work and interpersonal relationships because it is based on principles of effective communication backed by current scientific research. In this highly-anticipated new edition, the universal applicability of the the Co-Active Model is emphasised. It goes beyond the one-on-one coach/coachee structure to include guidance for leaders and managers on how they can add a coaching competency to their professional skill set.
New to this edition:
· Every chapter has been updated for relevance and direct application to coaching in all of its forms, including in the workplace
· New material covering: current neuroscience research, Co-Active approaches to leadership development and working with groups and teams
· More examples drawn from the authors' first-hand experiences, especially in workplace settings
· More examples of the Co-Active Model applied internationally
· Updated/fine-tuned glossary (less jargon)
· Web-based 'Toolkit' with 27 exercises, questionnaires, checklists, and reproducible forms
Henry Kimsey-House is one of the first professional coaches in the field. He is the cofounder and lead designer of the provocative, experiential training programs of The Coaches Training Institute (CTI).
Karen Kimsey-House (Author)
Karen Kimsey-House is the cofounder and CEO of The Coaches Training Institute and among the earliest recognised luminaries in the coaching profession. She founded CTI in 1992 with Laura Whitworth and Henry Kimsey-House. Together they created the Co-Active philosophy of relationships that informs CTI's world-renowned coaching and leadership programs.
Phillip Sandahl (Author)
Phillip Sandahl is a senior faculty member of CTI and co-founder of Team Coaching International.
Laura Whitworth (Author)
Laura Whitworth was the creator of the Co-Active Model with Henry Kimsey-House and Karen Kimsey-House and a recognised leader in the development of the coaching profession.